Monday, October 13, 2008

Week 3's Stupid Monday Game!

Last week's winner: Reina, for her comment "i have no memories of having heard this song, therefore, it doesnt remind me of anything...except another moment in my life that i was trying forgot but remember." I chose this one because reading it was like being punched in the hippocampus. Cyclical thought processes? Maybe. I akin it to verbal jiu jitsu. Thanks for the memories Reina!

This week's song is "True" by Spandau Ballet. This should be interesting. The winner will receive 1 VFW domestic beer token.

Bad news flash! It looks like I had a relapse. I know it is Tuesday. I will look in the manual to see if holidays are exempted from The Stupid Monday Game.

6 comments:

Grassy said...

congratulations reina!

plumeria*girl said...

Not sure if my participation is valid due to your relapse, but I'll participate anyway...

Although I was probably only 7 or 8 years old when this song came out, I have this fond memory of myself in pigtails and singing to this song in the car on the way to get dropped off to school.

Of course as I aged to perfection (LOL), this song also reminds me of the movie, The Wedding Singer :)

Bon said...

I remember the video for this song vaguely. I actually had to play this to "feel" it, but could only find the Fergie remix. True makes me want to put an evening gown on, sit on the skylight of a convertible with a glass of champagne and ride with the wind. This IS the sound of my soul!!

Unknown said...

This song reminds me of the movie 50 First Date and Adam Sandler (who reminds me of pineapples, golf, anger management, remote controls, the host of the Price is Right, football, yada yada yada).
I don't think this was the version on the soundtrack of 50 First Dates, but it's the same song.
Oh, and Bon, I actually listened to a cover of this song with two of my best friends in a convertible.
We weren't in evening gowns, but I remember cruising down beach road with two of my very best friends, wind blowing in our face, and just being worry free, being happy.
Good times.

Unknown said...

yay rei rei!

this song... so high, i feel like puking! i did that once. lol! joke joke. this comment will one day hunt me. i just know it!

Grassy said...

this song will now remind me that a comment can hunt neda...