Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vitamin D

· I over slept and blamed my human alarm clock for ruining a rare fishing opportunity last Saturday.
· Fortunately, the Captain was superstitious and insisted he personally pick me up at home.
· I was embarrassed for breaking the 5am pact I made the night before to meet at the Smiling Cove dock.
· Verbatim "We are meeting at 5 am? Hell yeah I'm there!"

· I blamed it on the N Rolling Rocks I had at Johnny’s.
· Had a Minnesota Vikings game been scheduled to air, I would have been up by 2:30 am.
· I am glad I still have my priorities in check.
· We set off around 7 am and carried on to a place the Captain called the “FAD”.
· I was disappointed to see a buoy.
· I anticipated seeing a bunch of Pokémon or even beanie babies at the “FAD”.
· But sure enough within minutes we managed to snag a 25lb Wahoo.
· Notice I said “we” and not “me”.
· A few minutes later the Captain decided to Jig and caught the first Wahoo’s identical sister.
· I only knew the Wahoo were female because of the distinct c-cup bikini tops they had on.
· Oh, the adrenaline rush.
· I was so amped I felt I could swim back to shore.
· I had an overwhelming feeling we were going to have a stellar day.
· The ocean was bluer than blue and the clouds looked like arrows pointing to all the hot spots.
· I started complaining why on God’s earth did we bring “only” 1 ice cooler.
· Then reality set in.
· For the next 9 hours……………………………………………………………………………………………………
………….........................................................……………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………...............................................................……………………………………
………..........................................................................................................
Nothing!
· We went here, there, and everywhere…Nothing!
· We spotted a school of yellow fin…Nothing!
· We spotted birds swooping…Nothing!
· I did get a bad 3rd degree sunburn that would make my Apache uncle proud.
· I guess the silver lining was that I had a lifetimes worth of vitamin D.
· I enjoyed every minute of it.
· The company was great.
· BTW, I had since replaced my human alarm clock with a real one.

1 comment:

Grassy said...

uh congratulations.....